Improving the results element, phase 1: Unambiguous indicator references

I’ve submitted my first stab at the phase 1 of improving the result element, which is making it possible for indicator results to refer unambiguously to known indicators.

There are two parts to this:

1. Adding a reference element to the indicator element. (View on Github). Note that (a) this is optional, and (b) you can include multiple references (e.g. if the same indicator is referenced with different codes in different vocabularies).
  2. Creating a codelist of Indicator Vocabularies. (View on Github). I’ve started with a few illustrative indicator repositories (US F Framework, World Bank World Development Indicators, UN SDGs, etc). No doubt this list will grow much larger. I’ve added this to the non-embedded codelist repo, because much like the Organisation Registry codelist, additions will likely need to be made on short notice outside of published upgrade schedules.

This is backwards-compatible; no existing tests have been broken.

For now I’ve just straight-up forked the IATI repositories and have submitted these changes as pull requests. If it turns out that these changes are controversial or will take months to be approved, I can refactor them into an extension. I’m hoping that won’t be necessary, and at any rate this seemed like the easiest way to make a concrete proposal.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers
Herb