IATI Website is LIVE

Hi IATI community,

The new IATI website is live! See it here: http://iatistandard.org/. The official launch will be at the Members Assembly next week.

We’re continuing to work on the site. If you come across any glitches let us know by e-mailing support@iatistandard.org.

2 Likes

Congratulations. I know you have been working hard to get the website refreshed so I hope it feels good to know you’ve done it.

I noticed this the other day but both I and a couple others in my organization have yet to figure out how to get to the actual data. The only way I have figured out to get there is to go to the standard which then puts me on the old site and then I go to the old “IATI Data” tab. Since it isn’t just me not finding it I wonder if you could point out where we are supposed to go to get to the publishers and their data.

Kind Regards,
Michelle
IOM

Hi Michelle

There’s a “Using Data” section in the main menu of the new website. It would be interesting to know whether you feel it meets your needs (I’m not a good reviewer for this as I already knew most of what’s on that page :slight_smile: )

Actually, to continue on the “Using Data” page, I’m not sure I understand this description at the end:

“IATI Registry - IATI’s Registry API allows you to query the metadata on each organisation and xml file published to IATI. Metadata includes URLs to each published xml file, organisation publisher IDs and IATI organisation IDs”.

@IATI-techteam, can you clarify what “organisation publisher IDs” and “IATI organisation IDs” are? Perhaps with an example?

Dear Yohanna,

I have found getting to the data a bit klunky on the new website. I was shown where it could be found once I was at the Members’ Assembly (nice meeting you there) but now I simply put in the old URL www.iatistandard.org to get to the list of publishers and go from there. It takes too long to click through and with no search bar in the new web page it is easier to bookmark the old address.

Merci,
Michelle

Congratulations again @IATI-techteam on the launch of the shiny new website :slight_smile: :+1:

One request: please can the old website be archived (and continue to be accessible) rather than deleted? We have ten years of history captured in that site (including a load of miscellaneous, sometimes important, files living at /wp-content/uploads). This sort of background is of historical interest but it is also vitally important for resolving current discussions, e.g. on what we “originally intended” when the Standard was being developed (e.g. of relevance in this discussion re ActivityStatus).

My suggestion would be just to move Aidtransparency.net to a subdomain. But perhaps a dump of all files in wp-content/uploads would also be useful. I would also make sure that any existing links to files in that directory in particular are redirected.

3 Likes

The plan is to build a comprehensive archive of all historical documents accessible from the new site

2 Likes

Sounds ace.

In the short term, would you consider adding the contents of https://www.aidtransparency.net/wp-content/uploads to https://github.com/IATI/AidTransparency-website?

That would probably be sufficient as an MVP archive (until building something more comprehensive gets to the front of the queue) and would take max 20 mins to do.

Thanks!

2 Likes

The Publisher ID is a short or abbreviated version of the organisation’s name. This forms the URL of their publisher page on the IATI Registry.

The IATI Organisation Identifier is made up of the code for the agency with which the organisation is registered, followed by the organisation’s unique registration number. It is used in the XML files to identify the reporting organisation.

For example, Canada - Global Affairs:

• Publisher ID: gac-amc
  • IATI Organisation Identifier: CA-3

Hi @IATI-techteam

I assume this is a response to:

My suggestion was to clarify this on the website (on the “Using Data” page, since it probably won’t be clear to most data users.