IATI Dashboard - metric on traceability does not include Incoming Commitments (or Pledges)

Taking a look at the publishing statistics and the specific metric on traceability:

For the data at the publishers’ lowest hierarchy, the percentage of current activities containing a transaction of type Incoming Funds that also contain the IATI identifier for the funding organisation’s activity.

and

All transactions of @type=IF (1.xx) or @type=1 (2.xx) must contain provider-org/@provider-activity-id

Should the inclusion of Incoming Funds be wider, to include Incoming Commitment and even Incoming Pledge ? In theory, it’s possible to include provider-org details, and link back to an existing activity, even when funds have not been disbursed. Does that count as traceability?

Maybe there’s a specific reason for just Incoming Funds though?

–> over to @bill_anderson , @Herman & @pelleaardema ?

Incoming commitments and pledges didn’t exist when the logic was written. (Are you volunteering a github issue?)

Thanks @bill_anderson

Yes, of course can create a github issue. One thing that made me hesitant is that the text for the Commitments test does include Incoming Commitment:

For the data in the chosen hierarchy, the percentage of all current activities that contain at least one transaction of type Commitment or Incoming Commitment

Anyone able to check that the dashboard doesn’t already include Incoming Commitment in the traceability test, and it’s just a case of the text needed an update? @andylolz @dalepotter?

I guess as Incoming Pledge is brand new, that would needed adding anyway.

I checked – No, I’m afraid it doesn’t include either Incoming Commitment or Incoming Pledge.

Here’s a github issue, and here‘s a proposed fix.

The updated wording is in this pull request, so if that looks correct then it’s probably doing the right thing.

Thanks @andylolz

@bill_anderson @IATI-techteam @dalepotter any idea when this could be reviewed / deployed? There’s a few other community-contributed pull requests to the dashboard , too…

Hi @stevieflow,
Agree, all incoming flows regardsless of the type, should be included in the traceability metrics.