Final Technical Proposal for the 2.03 Upgrade

Now preparing Requests for Change proposals for 2.03 changes.

Can you please confirm that codelist change, the new organisation “type 24” is meant for ‘partner countries based NGOs’.

Oxfam Novib so far used type 22 (National NGO) for NGOs based in partner countries, operating at national level, and sub national level.

The description in the upgrade list suggests that type 22 refers to NGOs based in donor countries. Understood from Charter4Change perspective, that the distinction between a (partner country based) national NGO and (partner country based) Internationally affiliated NGO or INGOs, is important.

Noticed in discuss that others also expected type 24 to identify a Partner country based INGO.

just seek confirmation that 24 = partner country based NGO. and that 22 is donor country based NGO. l

@stolk Apologies for the significant delay in getting back to you.

Can you please confirm that codelist change, the new organisation “type 24” is meant for ‘partner countries based NGOs’.

Yes, this is correct.

The mapping spreadsheet that was shared by @Wendy during the upgrade discussion for this proposal also has descriptions that probably make the distinction between 22- National NGO
24- Partner country-based NGO clearer. Also direct link in here.

For clarity, I will add the descriptions from the spreadsheet to the new organisation types to the relevant Github issue so that they can be incorporated as part of the 2.03 upgrade process.

Dear @IATI-techteam, as I review 2.03 schema and changelog carefully I’m noticing a few mistakes, typos etc. What would be the best way to report these?

Hi @YohannaLoucheur where you’ve spotted mistakes could you please send us the details to support@iatistandard.org? We’ll take a look first off at what kind of errors there are and how best to fix them.

Thank you.