Add vocabularies to aid-type (included 2.03)

@bill_anderson @Herman I agree - I had read the orginal proposal as adding an additional optional external codelist to sit alongside the existing OECD/DAC codelist and to provide additional information in specific contexts. That seems a sensible use for a vocabulary.

Following the call to seek consensus on the humanitarian proposals that took place on 5th September 2017 this proposal has now been accepted for inclusion as part of v2.03

Sorry - I have been disconnected …

This is a problem that must be fixed by DAC, as I argued in London. And for that purpose I have provided a first draft, and submitted it for initial discussions in WP-STAT asap. I will mail you a copy, and if you can advise me on how to share it with any reader of this thread I would be happy to do that as well.

Would be nice if the OECD/DAC Aid Typology would cover the Grand bargain requirements. The 2.03 addition of a new Aid Typology could than be depreciated in 3.01.

Sharing of this document can be done with Google Docs.

Thank you @OJ_ and if you are able to post your proposals somewhere online you can then link to them in a post?

Also, in my most recent communications with the DAC they indicated that they that had asked the DAC members to position themselves on the better way to track cash-based operations. There was a general opposition to introduce another marker, so two choices were proposed :

• A cash flag : The project has (value 1) or has not (value 0) a cash component. (because capturing all the subtleties of different cash modalities would require a more elaborated marker, for which there is no appetite)
  • A keyword : project with a cash component would use the world “cash” in the project description, which allows us to make a research by keyword.

For unrelated reasons the overall proposal was not accepted during the last WP-STAT? As a result, my understanding is that the proposal, will now follow a written procedure : the revised proposal will be sent out and DAC members will have 3 weeks to send objections. If there is no objections, the proposal will be accepted and the new codes, new cash flag/keyword will be operational for the 2018 data set, available end 2019?

This proposal has been been included in the 2.03 upgrade. It can be viewed in the following two Discuss posts: